Preventing plumbing issues in the kitchen throughout the Christmas holiday is simple as pie, if cooks know the do’s and don’ts of their drains pipes and waste disposal unit.
Year in and year out, the Christmas holiday brings a spike in emergency calls to plumbing professionals in Greenville SC for malfunctioning garbage disposals and clogged drains pipes. In reality, the day after Christmas is the busiest day of the year for plumbing professionals, seeing an almost 50% spike in emergency situations.
Greenville Plumbing Pros shared 5 top tips to help individuals prevent a plumbing emergency over the holidays, when the tension levels are high and so are the expenses for a plumbing technician.
With a house loaded with friends and family, more leftovers go down the drain. That implies an increase in the possibility of drains pipes obstructing and garbage disposals breaking.
After the Christmas banquet is put away, it is very important for cooks to understand exactly what must – and must not – be put down the drain.
Garbage disposals are always overworked over any holiday and you need to keep in mind that a garbage disposal was not meant to replace the garbage can.
Follow these leading five holiday suggestions from Greenville Plumbing Pros to avoid dealing with a pipes emergency on Christmas:
- Do not put turkey bones or skin, or onion and potato peels down the waste disposal unit. Not cooking a turkey? This applies to ham fat and sweet potato skins.
- Wrap leftovers in newspaper and throw in the trash. Or better yet, put bones and scraps of meat in a zip lock freezer bag to add to soups during the long cold winter ahead.
- Feed waste slowly to avoid overwhelming the waste disposal unit and causing a plumbing problem.
- Avoid pouring grease down the drain– it will harden in your pipelines; rub out oily pans prior to cleaning with a damp paper towel.
- Don’t operate the dishwasher if you think there is a problem. It releases into the disposal.
No matter how hard you try, problems will occur. Give Greenville Plumbing Pros a call when plumbing troubles arise.
Plumbing Pros Greenville
3210 Old Buncombe Rd.
Greenville, SC 29609
Greenville, Taylors, Conestee, Greer, Travelers Rest, Mauldin, Slater, Easley, Piedmont, Simpsonville, Tigerville, Marietta, Duncan, Lyman, Reidville, Pelzer, Startex, Wellford, Pickens, Fountain Inn, Gramling, Liberty, Cleveland, Williamston, Campobello, Landrum, Moore, Woodruff, Inman, Zirconia, Fairforest, Norris, Cedar Mountain, Tuxedo, Arcadia, Spartanburg, Una, Lynn, Saluda, Central, GrayCourt, Roebuck, Tryon, Boiling Springs, Pendleton, Columbus, Clemson, Fingerville, La France, Sandy Springs, Brevard, AndersonPlumbing Pros Greenville
3210 Old Buncombe Rd
Greenville, SC 29609